Self Employed Telecoms Engineer
6 days left
Service Engineer – Field Based (Self Employed)
Founded and based in the Scottish Borders, QubeGB operates nationwide, covering 98% of the UK. Our vision is to be the service provider of choice for field engineering and managed services to the telecoms and the ISP industries. Working with the top 6 internet providers in the UK we have won awards for our growth and service excellence.
Join our team and help keep the UK connected!
- To undertake shift work (5 days, Monday – Saturday) covering your local area and working mostly on your own
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics to determine the problem and provide a solution within customers’ homes
- Optimising customers in-home set up to get the best internet speeds and ensure they understand their products which might include digital TV services
- Good attention to detail in completing your workflows daily so we pass the correct information back to our clients and so we effectively manage our stock
- Take ownership of your day with support from our Service Centre agents and field based Operating Officers and Coaches
- You may have worked in a similar role previously
- You will be friendly, customer focussed and desire to resolve connectivity issues
- You must be interest in broadband, telephony and digital TV technology and set up
- You will be working on a self-employed basis for Qube GB which will afford you the opportunity to work for yourself during our quieter periods
- You’ll be a team player, working with the wider Qube GB team and our clients on a daily basis
- You’ll be hard working and flexible to take on our planned and unplanned workload
- A current UK driving license with no more than 6 points is essential.
What we Offer
- Step into a career within field based engineering
- Comprehensive training: with our trainers in Stevenage; buddying with our field teams and online through our Learning application
- Part of a team who are passionate about doing a great job every day, regular communication and recognition for a good job
- Competitive day rates
- Full support to get you set up as a Self Employed engineer – we hire you all the equipment you need to get you started and advice on how to manage your contract
Once trained, you will be fully competent in the Installation, Repair and Maintenance of Broadband, Telephone and TV services in our customer homes.
Apply for Self Employed Telecoms Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly