12 month contract
Part Time 16 hours
Based in Edinburgh
Closing date 16th February 5.00pm
Interviews will take place on Monday 26th February 2018
The Digital Skills Academy was formed by Cre8te Opportunities Limited in 2012 to offer vital skills in digital literacy so everyone can participate fully in the modern world. We offer a range of training for different levels – from absolute basics for unemployed people and older people to foundation technical skills to enable people to access IT careers from disadvantaged background.
Having basic computer skills is becoming increasingly important and has an impact on many aspects of life, such as claiming benefits, social isolation, education and finances. What’s more, it’s those already at a disadvantage - through age, education, income, disability, or unemployment - who are most likely to be missing out. We want to make sure everyone has the chance to enjoy the benefits of digital technology and give them the confidence to use it to improve their lives.
Cre8te Opportunities Limited are now looking for a new Project Co-ordinator to deliver this vital role which ensures the smooth running of large and complex training programmes.
- Ensure smooth running of administration of all Digital Skills Academy training programmes
- Manage booking systems and waiting lists for the different training programmes DSA
- Maintain record systems including paper-based and database to ensure accurate recording and reporting of information
- Communicating with service users and partner organisations
- General administration duties for Cre8te Opportunities, including reception duties, answering telephone and mail distribution where required.
- Experience of use of Microsoft Office and databases in particular
- Providing a general administrative service as part of a busy team
- Using and maintaining complex administrative processes
- Handling telephone enquiries
- Proven experience of excellent customer care
- Demonstrate experience of communicating effectively to develop working relationships, both internal and external
- Providing accurate reports to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with a range of different service users, in particular unemployed people
- Reviewing and improving administrative processes
- Working in a similar voluntary sector environment
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT, including MS Office and in particular databases
- Able to work independently and under pressure to deadlines to meet agreed targets
- Ability to prioritise work and respond positively to changing priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including service users and external agencies
- High level of numeracy skills and presenting statistics in reports
- Self-motivated with a disciplined approach to achieving targets
- Ability to understand needs of service users and respond appropriately and sympathetically
- A positive, flexible and proactive approach to the delivery of the service and willingness to take on new challenges
- You are responsible to the Digital Skills Academy manager in the first instance. Your work plan is agreed with your manager through planning sessions. Once agreed, you prioritise your day to day workload, manage your own time and decide on how work is carried out.
- Candidates should be educated to HNC level or equivalent or relevant work experience