Counter Top Fabricator
Counter top Fabricator, Crawley £10-£15 p/h
Manufacture customized granite, marble, Corian, and Engineered stone countertops and related products that meet customer specifications.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Examines specifications of the customer’s order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Machinery operation - must be able to maintain machinery to standards, set points, programming, adjust to various product types, and conduct preventative maintenance required.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Work typically involves detailed quality and procedural checks with a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and manoeuvring material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, noise, dust, wet work areas, and fumes associated with a normal countertop manufacturing operation.
Education & Experience
- Preferred: Experience with countertop fabrication shop equipment or machinery, a plus. Machines include, but not limited to: Waterjet Saw, Edge Polishers, CNCs and various hand tools and routers/polishers.
- Preferred: Countertop experience.
- Preferred: A desire to work with your hands to produce beautiful products in a team environment
- Preferred: Granite and solid surface (Corian or similar) experience