Care Assistant- Levens
Looking to expand your experience in the care industry? Are you passionate about care but want to be able to spend more time with your client? If so, why not work for Active Assistance where you can provide one to one support in the client’s own home. We are looking for a Care Assistant for our client in Levens. Our mission statement is to ‘enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations’.
At Active Assistance you will be known as a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the client following a personalized care plan. You will be working with one client who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. With Active Assistance you can put your considerate nature into practice. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives. Ideal candidates for the role will be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible.
Care Assistant required in Levens
We are currently looking for a Care Assistant to work with our female client who has myotonic dystrophy. Our client is a wheelchair user and needs assistance for getting in and out of bed, using hoists. The role will also involve assistance with personal care. Moreover, our client also has clinical equipment, including a tracheostomy, ventilator and PEG. However, previous experience is not needed because full training is provided and our Managers will ensure you feel competent in your role. This is a 2-to-1 care role, so you will have support on shift from another team member with all aspects of the client’s care.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- Starting salary for 3-month probationary period: Days are £8.50 per hour, Waking Nights are £9 per hour. 3-12 month salary: Days are £9 per hour, Waking Nights are £9.50 per hour. 12 + months salary: Days are £9.50 per hour, Waking Nights are £10.50 per hour. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by number of hours worked
- Accrued holiday pay
- Day shifts 7am-7pm
- Waking Night shifts 7pm-7am
- Weekends included on a rota basis
- This post can be worked full or part time depending on your availability
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website.
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award-winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social Care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship Scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector- an apprenticeship is a recognized vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children & Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs, therefore our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
At Active Assistance we are committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children, as such all applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS