Area Supervisor Surrey
We are looking for Area Supervisors to join our fabulous Surrey team. In this role, you will support the execution of field care activities, you should have a working knowledge of writing care plans, conducting client risk assessments, client reviews and shadow Support Workers to monitor the provision of care in terms of quality.
Full time or part time, 40 hours flexible between Monday - Sunday / Part time Hours 20 hours + care calls
Areas covered are Epsom/ Reigate and surrounding areas.
Background in care is required and achieved or working towards NVQ 3
Main Function of the Job
- To maintain care skills at the current level, and undertake training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain practices up-to-date.
- To provide leadership to the care functions of the service.
- To organise and co-ordinate the risk assessment and care plans in accordance with current best practices, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, and relevant regulation under the direction of the Registered Manager and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
- To organise and co-ordinate field based assessment for all care workers.
Summary of Main Duties:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Registered Manager.
- Support an open, positive and inclusive management culture.
- Participate in the evaluation of the services against agreed organisational goals, and business and quality objectives.
- Work to establish effective employer – employee relationships.
- Minimise legal risks.
- Participate in the maintenance of the services management information system.
- Assist in the formation and improvement of care policies and procedures across the services.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the services.
- Work in a cost-effective manner.
- Be involved with the implementation of the company quality assurance process.
- Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
- Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for care practices.
- Assist in the assessment of the effective care implementation and delivery.
- Implement action to meet and maintain care practices.
- Ensure that the care service is delivered in a safe and person-centred manner.
- Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for the service users therapeutic care.
- Ensure service user rights are protected.
- Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
- Encourage health promotion within care strategies.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Nominally 40 hours flexible, Monday – Sunday, subject to achievement of goals and objectives and the covering of all shifts. Or 20 hours Monday – Sunday with the opportunity of extra hours of care calls. Hours to include evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
- The Area Supervisor will be expected to participate in the on-call facility if necessary.
- The Area Supervisor may be expected to work any additional hours that may be required for the proper performance of their duties