Children's Support Worker
Are you looking for a part time position?
Would you love a rewarding role, supporting an 8-month old baby girl with complex health needs in her own home in New Milton?
If yes, we have the role for you!
Active Assistance Group is a highly successful specialist care provider, supporting physically disabled and complex care clients to live independently in their own home. We are currently looking for a Children’s Support Worker for our client in New Milton. Our mission statement is to ‘enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations’.
At Active Assistant you will be known as a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the client/client’s family following a personalized care plan. You will be working with one child who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. With Active Assistance you can put your considerate nature into practice. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives. Ideal candidates for the role will be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible.
Children’s Support Worker required in New Milton
We are currently looking for a Children’s Support Worker to work with our CYP client in New Milton. Our client is an 8-month-old baby girl who has complex health needs due to being born prematurely. She lives at home with her family, but we provide Support Workers to go in to provide assistance, for both day and waking night shifts. The role will include the use of clinical equipment, because she has a tracheostomy and is PEG fed. However, you do not need to have previous experience as we provide full training, and our Managers will ensure that you feel competent in your role before you are lone working.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £9 per hour for day shifts, £9.50 per hour for waking night shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by the number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Day shifts: Wednesdays and Thursdays. 6-hour shifts, flexible, but most likely 10am-4pm.
- Waking Night shift: Monday nights 10pm-7am
- This post is a part time position
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – an apprenticeship is a recognized vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK.
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children and Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Active Assistance Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position; in this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Support Workers