Children’s Support Worker (occasional weekends)
Are you looking for a night role, for occasional weekends?
Would you love a rewarding role, supporting a teenage boy with complex health needs at home overnight, in Axminster?
If you are looking for extra income to fit alongside your current job, this may be the opportunity for you.
Active Assistance Group is a highly successful specialist care provider. We support physically disabled and complex care clients to live independently in their own home. We are currently looking for a Waking Nights Support Worker for our young client in Axminster, Devon. Our mission statement is to ‘enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations’.
At Active Assistant you will be known as a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the client/client’s family following a personalized care plan. You will be working with one child who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. With Active Assistance you can put your considerate nature into practice. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives. Ideal candidates for the role will be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible.
Waking Nights Children’s Support Worker required in Axminster
We are recruiting a part time Waking Nights Children’s Support Worker to support a teenage boy with complex health needs. The purpose of the role is to enable him to visit his mum at her home in Axminster. You will monitor and support him overnight while he sleeps. As he has complex health needs you will need to have previous experience in a similar role. In particular, basic knowledge of the respiratory system and mask ventilation would be beneficial. However, we do provide full training and you will receive on-going support from Clinical Managers.
Please note, you will need to be prepared to do two training shifts in Southampton and one in Axminster, before commencing shifts on your own.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £9.50 per hour for waking night shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by the number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Waking Night shifts: 1 weekend a month, with possible extended stays in the summer holidays
- This post is a part time position
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – an apprenticeship is a recognized vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK.
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children and Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS