Part Time Support Worker
Are you looking for a part time day position?
Would you love a rewarding role, supporting our client with complex health needs in her own home in Netley?
If yes, we have the role for you!
Active Assistance Group is a highly successful specialist care provider, supporting physically disabled and complex care clients to live independently in their own home. We are currently looking for a Part Time Support Worker for our client in Netley, Southampton. Our mission statement is to ‘enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations’.
At Active Assistant you will be known as a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the client/client’s family following a personalized care plan. You will be working with one client who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. With Active Assistance you can put your considerate nature into practice. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives. Ideal candidates for the role will be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible.
Part Time Support Worker required in Netley
We are currently looking for a Part Time Support Worker to work with our adult client in Netley. Our client is a lady in her thirties who has complex health needs, including cerebral palsy and epilepsy. This role is to support her in her own home with her personal and complex care routine. In addition, you will support her while out in the community. The role will include the use of clinical equipment, because she is PEG fed. However, you do not need to have previous experience as we provide full training, and our Managers will ensure that you feel competent in your role before you are lone working. You will need to be able to fit in with a family lifestyle, respecting privacy when required.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £9 per hour for day shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by the number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Day shifts: Monday-Friday 9.30am-3.30pm, and Sundays 8am-11am
- This post is a part time position: we can offer you 6-9 hours per week, plus cover for sickness/annual leave
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – an apprenticeship is a recognized vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK.
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children and Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Active Assistance Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position; in this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Support Workers