Pharmacy Delivery Driver
DELIVERY DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Pharmacy Delivery driver
- Applicants MUST be over 35yrs age due to insurance purposes
- Previous delivery experience ideal but not essential
- ZERO HOUR CONTRACT
- Minimum wage
- 3 months probation period
- Car supplied with insurance
- Preparing the deliver log sheet for the day
- Preparing the prescription collection list for the day from the surgeries
- Ringing up patients to see if they are at home
- Ringing up the surgeries to see if the prescriptions are ready for collection.
- Ensuring the Delivery log sheets are kept in order for audit purposes
- Ensuring any special instructions are passed onto the patient
- Learning the basic procedure of the repeat prescription service and how it all works
- Flexible working – starting earlier or finishing slightly later with needs of the business
- Deliveries are to local patients and a nursing home.
- Hours are Monday to Friday starting at 2pm. Finish time can vary between 5pm and 6.30pm depending on the number of deliveries.
Training will be provided so that you are able to fulfil this role as required. You will be expected to follow the Standard Operating Procedures for the pharmacy in order for you to conduct your duties.
You are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner on the shop floor as well as during deliveries. This includes not using your mobile phone while driving. You are representing our pharmacy when you are on the road so how you behave is important to us.