Restaurant Shift Supervisor - West Street Vineyard
West Street Vineyard in Coggeshall is an award winning destination restaurant, vineyard and wine school. Established in 2013 by the Mohan family it has gone from strength to strength. Having won awards for its wine produced from vines on site and hosting a wide variety of weddings and other celebrations and events, this successful business is expanding its team and is looking for 2 Front of House Shift Supervisors.
The Front of House teams are primarily responsible for offering guests exceptional customer service from the moment they walk into the building until they leave and our waiting staff are the focal point of our guests’ dining experience and are responsible for providing efficient, friendly, responsive and proactive service from beginning to end.
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide support to the Front of House Manager during each shift by overseeing the waiting staff and ensuring a smooth and successful shift. You will operate as a pivotal member of the management team during each shift and help to maintain our excellent customer experience.
- Run, and motivate the Front of House team during your shift
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the menu, our suppliers and provenance and are able to explain this to the guests and the front of house team you are supervising in a confident and enthusiastic manner.
- Providing and supporting the team to provide an excellent standard of customer service regardless of the business of the restaurant.
- ‘Selling’ and promoting our products to the guests.
- Be hands on to proactively clear tables and prepare for service creating a welcoming atmosphere
- Being flexible to respond to the varying requirements of our guests and the Front of House Manager
- Ensuring that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained in the restaurant at all times.
- Help where required with managing rota’s and shifts to meet the business needs
- Promote and maintain a high level customer service
- Provide key support during special events and deputise for the Front of House Manager where necessary.
Skills and Specifications
- Ideally a minimum of 2-3 years experience from a hotel or restaurant with supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills in the context of a busy restaurant and in particular running busy shifts and events under pressure.
- An understanding and experience of what good hospitality should be
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent personnel management skills in order to motivate and inspire the staff
- Should be demonstrably passionate about food
- Can work well in a team and in a diverse work environment
- Have an understanding of technological systems and functions
- Hardworking and proactive
- A knowledge of wine (in particular UK wines) would be advantageous
- Is able to work full-time (30hours + more in the summer) including weekends, bank holidays and evenings as per rota’s
All CV's must be sent to the email address specified
Apply for Restaurant Shift Supervisor - West Street Vineyard
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly