Assistant Manager required at the Sun Inn, Faversham, Kent (Live in available)
Shepherd Neame is looking for a proactive and driven Assistant Manager to join our team at the Sun Inn, Faversham.
This role is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager. Exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda and you must enjoy training and developing people, in order to get the best out of your team.
Shepherd Neame are an independent family brewery and pub operator based in Faversham, Kent and dating back over 300 years we are also Britain’s oldest brewer. We currently operate over 60 distinctive, fast paced and busy retail outlets offering excellent food and a wide range of award winning ales across London and the South East of England.
We provide our Assistant Managers with superb ongoing support and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
Please note that for the right candidate, live in accommodation may also be avaiable with this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Supporting with stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.