Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
Bowman Power are looking to recruit an Applications Engineer who will be responsible for direct interaction with Bowman's customers in support of our growing client base of Energy Recovery Systems. The Applications engineer will act as the technical point of contact for the customer and will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
The role will involve frequent interaction with the Sales, Performance and Engineering teams to develop solutions to meet customers' requirements.
The Applications Engineer will need to build their expert product knowledge in order to be able to complete technical feasibility studies and early application development work, as well as identifying and providing reliable solutions for all technical issues.
This role will require a high standard of experience in electro mechanical system configuration.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Working with the Support and Engineering teams to optimise products, ensuring that products stay up to date and continue to satisfy customer needs.
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFQs.
- Post sales validation process; carry out detailed technical studies at customer sites to determine the feasibility of integrating Bowman equipment within the design constraints.
- Development of customer application specifications, clearly identifying technical constraints, scope of supply, etc.
- Creating application work programs and determining how to integrate our standard products into the overall solution.
- Development of top level bill of materials and any new parts or products that may be required.
- Developing initial concept designs, producing outline general assembly drawings within the Engineering team.
- Ensuring that all technical content is clearly defined and suitable packaged for handover to the Projects and Engineering teams at the phase 0 gate review to take into detailed development.
- Liaising with the Engineering team throughout detailed development with regard to any technical queries and where additional information is required from the customer.
Application Engineer | Applications | Engineering | Sales | Performance | Application Development | Electro Mechanical | Configuration | Technical | Systems Architect
- Previous experience in a technical applications engineering or sales support role.
- Recent degree or equivalent in scientific or technical subject preferred.
- A proven track record in customer facing roles and able to represent the company to a high professional standard.
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Experience of high-speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics.
- Experience in the power generation industry with a solid understanding of generator set packages.
About Our Company:
Bowman Power Group is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
Bowman Power Group has been recognised as one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK.