Chef De Partie - 5 Star Hotel
Chef de Partie - 5 star hotel - 21k - live in available
Our client is part of a very prestigious hotel chain and they are looking for a Chef de Partie to join their busy team.
The scope and requirements for the role of Chef de Partie are as follows:
You will be an integral part of the team to lead a section in the kitchen creating the finest dishes and working to the highest standards. A key focus of your role is to share your passion for cooking and food with your team and help train and develop them.
- Plan and oversee day-to-day running of your section to meet service requirements
- Follow all health and hygiene standards
- Supervise and lead a team of Commis and Demi Chefs
- Sample, smell and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and standards
- Take orders from the Sous Chef and give tasks to Commis and Demi Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
- Write daily wine, dry storage, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in the section
- Maintain a clean and efficient kitchen section and ensures maximum utilization of food
- Participate in food production. Portions meats, fish, vegetables and desserts and utilizes food surpluses to control food costs
- Communicate with and assist back-of-the-house personnel to maintain efficient food production
- Conduct daily food line inspections in section to ensure quality is maintained.
- Ideally NVQ levels 2&3
- Experience working in a Michelin star or AA Rosette establishment
- Hotel or Restaurant background
- Good knowledge of cooking techniques and styles
- Good understanding of food, hygiene and safety
- COSHH knowledge
- Good verbal and written English
- Computer literate
- The right to work in the United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join a top hotel group and learn and progress.
C&E Recruitment is a specialist hospitality recruitment agency. We have permanent positions available at all levels within the hospitality sector. Should this vacancy not match your skill set please feel free to still click on the 'apply now' button and you will be contacted about other suitable positions.All candidates must be able to demonstrate that you are either an UK / EU resident, or hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK