Commis Chef - 5 Star Hotel
Commis Chef - 5 star hotel - live in available
Our client is a beautiful 5 star hotel and part of a very prestigious group. They are looking for a Commis Chef to join their team.
The scope and requirements for the Commis Chef are as follows:
Preparing and assisting in creating the finest dishes, you will work directly under the Demi Chef de Partie to ensure that all dishes are presented to our guests is of the highest standard.
- Run a clean, tidy and organised environment at all times
- Participates in food production and utilises food surpluses to control food costs
- Ensures daily food preparations meet outlined recipes including portion size, quantity and quality
- Maintains food quality control.
- Ensures proper food rotation, which will eliminate spoilage and waste.
- Maintains a clean and efficient kitchen section and ensures maximum utilization of food
- Communicate with and assists back-of-the-house personnel to maintain efficient food production
- Take direction and guidance from other team members
- Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
- Follow and abide by all our regulations, policies and procedures
- Provide support to the front of house team to ensure exceptional customer care
- Ideally NVQ levels 2&3
- Experience working in a Michelin star or AA Rosette establishment
- Hotel or Restaurant background
- Good knowledge of cooking techniques and styles
- Good understanding of food, hygiene and safety
- COSHH knowledge
- Good verbal and written English
- The right to work in the United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commis Chef to learn and progress in a top hotel.
C&E Recruitment is a specialist hospitality recruitment agency. We have permanent positions available at all levels within the hospitality sector.Should this vacancy not match your skill set please feel free to still click on the 'apply now' button and you will be contacted about other suitable positions.All candidates must be able to demonstrate that you are either an UK / EU resident, or hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK