Head of Aviation
We are looking for an experienced Head of Aviation to join our team in this exciting new opportunity.
Are you a proficient GDS user with proven commercial experience and a background in airline relationship management? If so then read on.
We are seeking a strategic thinker with commercial focus who is highly motivated…someone who will care about our customers, values what it means to go on a Holiday of a Lifetime and above all someone who understands that the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
We are part of an innovative Global Travel Company who stubbornly refused to stop growing.
As our Head of Aviation, your role will see you managing a team of Commercial Managers and Aviation Executives to develop and deliver the strategy for our air portfolio. This role will also manage key account relationships with air suppliers and be accountable for the air budget across a varied programme of flight seats.
What you need
- Educated to degree level and/or 5 years relevant commercial Aviation experience
- Strategic thinker and proactive in presenting business opportunities
- Commercially focused - proven negotiator with cost and margin awareness
- Ability to process complex information and make reasoned judgements
- Champion for change/tuned in to business opportunities to gain margin & deliver process efficiencies
- Ability to build positive commercial relationships
- Excellent networker/influencer across internal teams
- Strong at forward planning with attention to detail
- Excellent customer advocate
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- GDS experience preferably Amadeus
- Knowledge of industry standard travel reservation systems
- Proven team management capability; leading, developing and motivating teams
- Computer literate with intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
What we can offer you
- Employee Assisted Program
- Travel industry related benefits and concessions
- Generous annual leave entitlement equivalent to 33 days per annum including bank holidays
- The opportunity to be a part of our amazing team
This is a full time permanent role working 37.5 hours per week during the core hours of the business from 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours will be required from time to time to meet the needs of the business. If you feel you have the right skills and experience then please click “Apply” now.