Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: £8.60 - £10.60 an hour depending on experience
Job Reference: SC719682
Finance Assistant is required for a leading institute with sites throughout Essex.
The Finance Assistant will support the activities of the Finance Department ledgers team.
Duties of the Finance Assistant include but is not limited to:
- To process cash and cheques paid in through the finance till and associated reception duties on a rotational basis
- To pay out petty cash to customers as required and deal with enquiries
- To assist the purchase ledger team with tasks such as registering purchase invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, checking purchase invoice batches, reconciling and filing statements received from suppliers
- To assist the sales ledger and treasury team with tasks such as raising sales invoices, setting up products on the online store, and assisting with cashbook entries
- To carry out reconciliations and enter journals to assist the Finance Team with month end and year end processes as required
- To assist with Debt Collection Activities where required
- To assist with banking, cash counting and reconciliation as required
- To undertake such other duties as may be required, provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post
- To apply the College's Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices
Qualifications and Training:
- 9-4 grade GCSE passes (or equivalent) required in Mathematics and English
- AAT qualified or working towards
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of setting up Excel spreadsheets from scratch and knowledge of how to use formulae
- Experience of cash handling
- Experience of working in a finance department
- Experience of using a computerised finance system
- Experience of working on Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Samantha Clark at Adore Recruitment.