Training Manager - Home Instead Senior Care, Brighton, Hove and Shoreham
Home Instead Senior Care – Brighton, Hove and Shoreham is now 2 years old, and has a requirement to invest further in ensuring the best learning and development for its growing team of part-time CareGivers. The Training Manager is a new position, and the job-holder will play a key role in the continued evolution of the business, helping to grow our reputation for quality care provision and as a great employer.
To ensure the optimal learning and development of our CareGivers, to contribute to their engagement and retention, and to help ensure the best quality of care is provided to our clients.
- To manage and deliver the majority of the CareGiver induction training which forms part of the recruitment process for new CareGivers, continually improving its design and impact.
- To manage the ongoing programme of essential basic training for CareGivers, ensuring their learning is current and refreshed on a regular basis within the required timescale, including any required recap training.
- To plan and deliver much of the development training provided by National Office – such as the Alzheimers and Other Dementias training, End of Life training etc, ensuring a regular programme of development opportunities are provided to CareGivers during their career with us.
- To create bespoke development paths for each CareGiver, in line with their personal development plans, including ensuring each CareGiver achieves the Care Certificate, and can, if they want to, continue on to NVQ levels.
- To plan the programme of informal optional education sessions, both through team meeting presentations and online learning, for CareGivers CPD
- To develop our strategy and approach for making the most of any local or Govt funded training opportunities
- To keep abreast of National Office advice and best practice, making the most of the resources available through The Academy on the Franchise Centre.
- To work closely with other key players and office staff, coaching the delivery of training by others in the team
- Previous experience of planning training and of varied classroom delivery
- Previous experience of learning and development planning for staff
- Ideally, a knowledge of care provision and industry training and qualifications
- An active interest in the provision of quality domiciliary care and in older people
- An active interest in helping a small business blossom
- At least 5 GCSEs (A-C), including English and Maths
At least 30 hours per week, with some flexibility over time to enable occasional out of hours training delivery or attendance at training events.
IRO £29,000 FTE
Apply for Training Manager - Home Instead Senior Care, Brighton, Hove and Shoreham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly