Senior Mechanical Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in Nottingham within a superb global capital equipment and engineering company.
Our client is part of a $1.5 billion global capital equipment and engineering consulting company who strive to be the kind of company that enables its associates to return home each day with a true sense of fulfillment—the kind of company that people enjoy working for, doing business with, investing in and having as part of their families and communities.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will develop new, advanced and updated mechanical systems for vertical and horizontal form/fill/seal packaging machinery and product feed systems. Design responsibilities will include everything from individual components to complete machine systems.
Based on the scope of the design projects act you will as a team leader, as a team member, or as an individual contributor to ensure successful implementation of the scope of work. This position will require leadership and interaction with our customers and sales executives, other mechanical and control design engineers, manufacturing personnel and customer service technicians.
You will be skilled at encouraging others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential. Actively engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous improvement and development opportunities.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Attributes
To be successful for the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will need:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree qualified or similar
- 5 years of mechanical engineering experience showing increasing levels of complexity, sophistication and responsibility
- At least 3 years’ experience in a design role for capital equipment in the packaging or similar industries
- Experience in DFMA, value engineering, and designing to a target cost
- A history of increasingly complex machine and/or system design using state of the art CAD and analysis tools (SolidWorks, ProE, or equivalent)
- A disciplined, structured approach to design including researching and preparing specifications, developing and testing prototypes, supporting manufacturing and assembly, completing necessary documentation and training other engineers and technicians.
- Power transmission, pneumatics, and complex mechanical mechanism design
- Project reporting, tracking and organization using MS Office software. Must be able to advance multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge and experience with engineering bills of material structure organization and usage
- Lead, facilitate, and manage continuous improvement
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation / communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Adept at setting and juggling goals, objectives, and priorities
- Some travel may be occasionally required (including international trips)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Located within 1 hour commute of Nottingham or be willing to relocate to Nottingham region
For the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer there is a competitive salary on offer.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mechanical, engineer, design, SolidWorks, ProE,