St Michaels Hospice has an exciting opportunity for a Retail Assistant to join the team based at our Home & Living store in Ross on Wye. You will be hired on a full time permanent basis, and will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary of £14,690 - £15,509 per annum dependent on experience.
Since opening in 1984, St Michael’s Hospice has been providing the highest quality of care, free of charge, to the local community. The same community has worked tirelessly to generate the funds needed to make all the care possible.
Responsibilities as our Retail Assistant:
- Assess & actively partake in warehouse displays to increase income potential
- Partake in training warehouse volunteers with guidance from Manager
- Accept and sort donated goods and allocate to appropriate department
- Active participation in pricing of items for sale according to Hospice guidelines
- Deliver high standard of customer service in all areas including till points
- Assist Manager to ensure all waste goods are recycled if appropriate to maximise income
- Partake in PAT testing electrical goods for sale if required
As our Retail Assistant you will have:
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be self—motivated and have the desire and willingness to learn
Due to the demands of this role, you will need to be physically fit and therefore an understanding of Health & Safety compliance is key.
As our Retail Assistant we will train and develop you, enabling you to gain invaluable skills and knowledge within all aspects of a retail environment, whilst providing you with the opportunity to work alongside our volunteers.
Closing date for applications: 9th February 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for our role of Retail Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
St Michael’s Hospice is an Equal Opportunities employer