Embroidery machinist/talented seamstress - Belgravia, London or from home
Location: Belgravia, London or from home if have own equipment
Salary: Negotiable depending on background and skills - payment would be based on production if working from home or salaried if on site
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (flexible)
Live In/Out: Out
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, visionary candidate to help with the launch, ongoing production of intentional/affirmation pillowcases, working alongside the Law of Attraction philosophy.
Working on the top of the range Brother PR1000e, you will be dedicated to sewing and embroidery. The successful candidate would be in charge of production in London and be the Principal’s Assistant.
She is open to someone working in her residence where she has a dedicated workshop and machine area or you can work from home, anywhere in the UK if you are fully equipped.
The vision is for a sperate workshop to be set up in Central London once the company website is set up and sales established. The company would then acquire additional machines plus sewing machines, washing/drying, pressing facilities, as well as packaging and Customer relations. The candidate would then manage the London workshop/atelier. The Principal would take ownership of design and packaging.
It is a very strong advantage if you have a spiritual disposition and understanding.
- Good, ideally excellent working knowledge of sewing and embroidery and ideally be familiar with the Brother PR1000e.
- Training is an option but you must pick it up quickly and be familiar with fabrics, textiles, sewing and embroidery already.
- Technically adept – use of the Brother PR1000e involves using a computer attached to it for extra designs.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Willing and able to assist with ad hoc errands and assistant tasks when required.
- Prior experience in the bedding trade is a huge advantage but not necessary.
- Any help with the packaging and /or customer care side would be a bonus but sewing is the priority.
- Ability to embroider onto canvas for artwork and meditation cushions is a bonus as well as getting artwork framed.
- Help with the website once launched would be a bonus eventually.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Meticulous about your work.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Self-motivated and friendly.
- Fit and healthy.
- Child friendly.
- Current DBS or willing to initiate one.
- Fluent English.
- Checkable references.
Please send your CV in Word format quoting reference JO0000000163
We regret we can only accept applications from persons authorised to work within the UK