Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie, Essex Hotel, £20,000
At Select Hospitality Chelmsford we are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Chef de Partie.
A Prestigious Hotel situated on the Essex/Hertfordshire border is looking for a Chef De Partie to supervise the standards of preparation and the mis-en-place of his/her section.
To work as an effective member of the kitchen brigade in achieving the highest possible standard of food preparation and presentation for the hotel guests.
* To ensure that the standards set by the Head Chef are adhered to.
* To ensure that the section in which you are working is functioning efficiently.
* To ensure that all food produce is used correctly.
* To encourage all Commis Chefs and Kitchen Porters in their work.
* To carry out on-job coaching with Commis Chef in your section.
* To carry out checks on Restaurant and Banqueting activity when coming on duty and take appropriate action as required.
* To ensure that all mis-en-place is prepared before going off shift.
Experience and Skills Required
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
* A formal and recognised qualification in professional cookery such as a NVQ Lv 2 (or equivalent)
* Training on HACCP & COSHH systems
* Relevant experience, gained in a busy commercial kitchen.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and support others during demanding periods
* Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work and tasks
* Responsible and trustworthy
* Trustworthy and hardworking
Salary and Benefits
* Full time role paying £20,000
* Free meals on shift
* Must have own transport due to remote location
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Adam Dabbs on 01245 493443 at our Chelmsford office.