Dispense Bar Supervisor - The Royal Albert Hall
Since January 2011, rhubarb have been at the Royal Albert Hall providing all food and drink at one of the world’s most iconic venues. The Royal Albert Hall operation consists of 3dining spaces: Verdi Italian Kitchen, Coda by Eric Chavot & Elgar Bar & Grill, Cloudy, 14 bars, 1 retail outlet, 147 hospitality boxes and offers seated dinners for up to 2000 guests on a special raised floor in the auditorium.
We are now looking for a Dispense Bar Supervisor to oversee the Royal Albert Hall’s VIP box service on a day to day basis, managing a team of up to five host/esses and 5 runners.
- Prepare and serve drinks dispense orders placed by the box host team.
- Ensure that all orders are accurately recorded, entered into the POS system, prepared and ensure its accurate delivery.
- Responsible for the swift and smooth operation of the dispense bar area and the co-ordination of the box runner team during service.
- Take the lead in liaising with other departments at the hall during service, particularly the stewarding team that cover the private boxes
- Participate and lead trainings and review all relevant drinks/food menus to show knowledge of our offer
- Work to upsell and promote our products, increasing sales & revenue, especially by working with the host/ess team to drive upselling, speed of service and customer experience
- To be able to work alone on task set by your line manager
- Represent rhubarb at The Royal Albert Hall as required
- You will have gained previous working knowledge in a similar fast paced bar environment providing a close fit with rhubarb
- As an inspirational leader, you will be an excellent team player, able to communicate and motivate at all levels whilst sharing your knowledge and skills within our service brigade.
- Excellent knowledge of wine & spirits
- Excellent people skills, confident and self-assured
- The supervisor should be well versed in the full box sales service journey, understanding the front of house operation in order to operate the dispense bar with efficiency.
Salary & Benefits
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
- Food and Beverage discount across the group
- Brilliant employee recognition programs
- Meals on duty
- Pension scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance helpline
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.