Live In Housekeeper. Full Time. Immediate Start if possible.
Our client is looking for an experienced Housekeeper to join the staff in their country residence in Gloucestershire. This is a varied role and involves supporting the existing housekeeper, cooking and driving the family occasionally. The family have four children and are resident at the weekends and in the holidays.
Hours: Thursday - Monday. Weekends: 7.30am -5.30pm, weekdays 9.00am – 5.00pm. The candidates need to be flexible around this occasionally.
Accommodation: Fantastic separate two-bedroom apartment away from the main house.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Start Date: ASAP
- Working as a team with the existing Housekeeper ensuring that this large home is kept to a consistently extremely high standard including dusting, vacuuming, polishing and mopping floors.
- All laundry including bedding changes.
- Care for fine fabrics and garments.
- Ironing of clothes and other items as required.
- Collecting children from school and train pick ups.
- General tidying including loading and unloading dishwasher, clearing glasses, washing up, hanging clothes and towels.
- Care for antique furniture and silverware.
- Cooking for the Principals when they are in residence.
- Occasional dinner party cooking and supporting external chefs.
- Regular clearing out of fridge and kitchen cupboards.
- Occasional childcare.
- Care for the Principals dogs including feeding, walking and dog sitting if away.
- Wardrobe management for the Principals ensuring everything is kept well organised and tidy.
- Running various household and local errands as necessary.
- Experience working in similar roles with a stable CV.
- Ability to plan your hours in the house and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Proven housekeeping skills with the ability and dedication to have the house always looking in immaculate condition.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Confident driver with full driving license.
- Experience of driving children.
- Ability to cook simple, fresh meals or follow recipes.
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English.
- Ability to be loyal, discrete and totally dependable.
- Excellent, verifiable references.
- Legally able to work in the UK.