Purchase Ledger Manager
Are you an experienced accounts professional?
Do you have excellent organisational and communication skills?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable Manager who is looking to work within a business where they will be responsible for the smooth running of an Accounts Payable team and able to inform ongoing process improvements.
The Purchase Ledger Manager is an integral role within the business, with a focus on supporting the purchase ledger function for multiple businesses in a cross divisional setup within the UK. You will ensure payments are made to suppliers efficiently and maximise cash-flow through active supplier management. In addition you will help maximise the use of the group P2P system and ensure conformity. You will possess excellent communication and organisation skills with the ability to drive the team to deliver results in a smooth efficient manner
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Maximising cash-flow through active customer relationships
- Liaising with the business to ensure timely and efficient payment of suppliers
- Taking an involved role in the maintenance and support of the purchase ledger
- Assisting in the management for a smooth end-to-end Purchase to Pay system
- Managing the creation, authorisation and accuracy of supplier master data
- Managing due dates to assist the Treasury Department with cash-flow
- Recommend weekly payment runs and reconciliations
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Documenting and reviewing all Accounts Payable processes
- Assisting in the development of and reporting on team Key Performance Indicators
- Prioritising day to day responsibilities across the team to deliver excellent support for the business
- Organising tasks to ensure activities are controlled, timely and in line with Company procedures
- Involvement in various Company projects impacting the area
- Responsible for the day to day management of a small Purchase Ledger team
- Overseeing, mentoring & developing the team
Additional Salary Info: Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical, Bonus Scheme
Purchase Ledger Manager | Accounts Payable Manager | Accounts | Accounting | P2P | IT | Customer Service | Finance
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines is integral to this role
- You will also need to be able to work effectively as a part of a team demonstrating a hands on, energetic style with a 'can do, will do' attitude
- An excellent and confident communicator you will be able to influence and gain commitment from internal and external customers and suppliers
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Able to show excellent attention to detail
- A "right first time" mentality
- IT Literate - proficient in the use of MS Office including advanced MS Excel skills with experience in pivot tables. V-look-ups and filters etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of P2P systems
- Experience of the purchase ledger cycle to include processing reconciliation and payments at an advanced level
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision Dynamics and Expense on Demand also desirable
- You will have a driving licence and use of a car to be able to occasionally travel off-site for meetings
- Typically we would estimate that it would take between 3-5 years working experience across all aspects of Accounts Payable to acquire these skills
- Demonstrable experience of ability to manage a team, prioritise workloads and delegate effectively
- A University level education (or equivalent) is essential whilst an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT, ACCA, CIMA) would be desirable
No Agencies Please
About Our Company:
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
About The Team:
We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service. Lead by our Senior Financial Controller, our teams are divided into 4 key transactional functions, treasury, accounts payable, credit control and payroll. We are not a typical finance department. For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative and we take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer, as well as keeping a close eye on the Whistl purse strings because our core fundamental belief is that every successful business needs strong financial management that enables them to make good business decisions. And that is what we do best.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly