Financial Controller – Luxury Hotel & Spa – Cornwall
- From £39,000 DOE
- Stunning award winning luxury hotel
- Fantastic benefits package
Paramount Personnel are recruiting a Financial Controller for a luxury hotel and spa in Cornwall.
As Financial Controller, you’ll be responsible for the management and recruitment of a small dedicated team. You’ll line-manage the personnel within the Accounts Department.
Prime responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide management accounting service using existing Hotel format.
- Manage production of weekly flash report for managers.
- Oversee production of period management accounts and statistics.
- Provide a concise commentary on the managements.
- Perform financial appraisal of project and capital expenditure proposals and subsequently monitor the outcomes.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and supervise the budgetary control system.
- Play a key role in the 3-5 year financial planning process.
- Critically appraise forecast outputs, challenging assumptions, identifying and explaining key risks, opportunities and variances.
- Set up and implement a system of Key Performance Indicators.
- Review performance against agreed financial objectives, plans and budgets.
- Assist with, and control costing within the business.
- Assist with performance management.
- Prepare financial forecasts.
We are looking for a pro-active individual who is committed to the job at hand. You’ll be highly motivated, hardworking and able to work on your own initiative. You must have previous experience in a similar role; a hospitality background would be a distinct advantage.
You must have, or be able to offer, the following:
- Able to work on own initiative, and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills over the telephone, in person and in written correspondence.
- Achieve high standards of work within given timescales.
- Highly professional and flexible in your attitude, providing support to the team as befits their needs.
- Be smart and well-presented within the business and when representing the business.
- Excellent standard of numeracy, literacy and grammar.
- A CIMA qualification would be desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A flexible approach to working hours, i.e. able to work public holidays and the occasional weekend in line with the needs of the business.
A highly competitive package is offered plus a range of associated benefits. A full job description is available on request.
To apply for the position of Financial Controller, please e-mail your CV to Phil White through the link on the website or call Phil on 0845 658 6665.