Kitchen Manager – White Hart SM
Are you looking for a career at a great pub serving classic pub dishes within an established company? Great! We are currently recruiting for a motivated and driven Kitchen Manager to join our team.
The White Hart is situated in South Mimms and is a small village pub just 2 miles from Potters Bar with lots of traditional character. We are a small operation with a 40-cover dining area serving Traditional Pub food with a diverse specials board to let your creative side shine. You will have the ability to run the Kitchen in sole charge while delivering exceptional quality and consistency.
As part of McMullen’s McFayre concept we deliver classic pub dishes, alongside some more contemporary food. We are proud of our reputation within the area for being a great community pub and as the Kitchen Manager you will help lead the team to deliver quality food to our guests.
The White Hart is part of the McMullen family, who make decisions for the long term. We believe in looking after our teams, and creating a positive working atmosphere. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Good accommodation (delete if live out)
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount card for you and your friends on your days off
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- An award winning training and development programme helping you to achieve the next level if you want to!
Key Responsibilities for the Role
- The ability to cook and present dishes, in line with specification, in a fast paced environment.
- The capability to deliver food GP% to budget.
- Experience in stocktaking and management of stock control.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- The ability to recruit, train and coach junior team members.
- A strong understanding of food health and safety.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure. You will also need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
Are you a Kitchen Manager of the future? If so please apply today and we will be in touch.