High School Cleaners
Several cleaner roles available at a High School in Hanwell, London, W7.
112.5 hours available total. Full & Part Time roles
Salary: £8.84 per hour
Cleaning experience preferred but not essential.
If interested in the role please contact Anna-Marie on 07979307430 or email CV to Anna-Marie.Grimes@mitie.com
Job Responsibilities & Objectives
- To work within the Soft Services Team, carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
- To follow the Company’s Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role.
- To undertake successfully the training matrix specific to this role.
- To ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- To have a full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning beat, including the agreed work specification and time allocated to the beat.
- To maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant SLA’s, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises and to attend all necessary training to be enable to fulfil this requirement.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- To sign in and out daily using the Signing-In Book, this must be an accurate record of the operatives Contracted hours and show the start time and finish time on a daily basis. In the event of a building being evacuated the Signing-In Book will be used as a checklist and headcount.
- To be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste.
- To report any maintenance defects to the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To understand and observe MITIE PFI’s and Client site rules at all times.
- To ensure that a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained and to give particular attention to hands/finger nails, hair care and general appearance. Shoes must be fully covered with tread and appropriate for the requirements of the role. Minimal jewellery to be worn for health and safety reasons (note - wedding ring and studs earrings are acceptable)
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- To observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder’s duties and report these immediately to the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.