Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job
Currently recruiting for a Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer specialising primarily in Temporary Works design & consultancy, together with some Permanent Works. The team works on diverse Structure and Building projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects.
BEng/BSc Civil/Structural Engineering (2.1)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, drawings and project documents as identified under the guidance of the relevant Project Manager.
- Prepare / assist with the preparation of design statements, tender documents and any other reports identified within assigned projects.
- Utilise computer aided design systems (AutoCAD), computer design software and other design aids, as required.
- Attendance at regular site visits to determine existing building geometry, condition of accessible structure, and inspect anything else that might be relevant when carrying out design for any plausible alterations.
- Read and interpret geotechnical reports as required for structural design.
- Have some understanding of all relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Carry out site surveys, inspections, sign-off of Temporary Works Installation as required, subject to site conditions
- Comply with internal management system procedures.
- Programme individual work input to achieve project programme
- Other duties as identified within assigned projects
Temporary Structures Design Services
Facade Retention, Temporary Supports & Restraints, Demolition, Protection, Access Scaffold & Gantry Structures, Sheet Piling & Retaining Structure Design, Underpinning Design, Piling Platform / Mat Design, Needle Shoring & Propping Design, Tower Crane Bases/ Foundation & Hoist, Mobile Crane Outrigger Load Check, Temporary Support for Basement design, Falsework & Formwork Design, Hoarding & Site Entrance Gate Design, Mortar Silo Base Design, Site Cabin Base Design, Category 2 & 3 Checks, Practical Floor Load Test – (for machine loading), Acting as Temporary Works Co-ordinator etc.
Permanent Structures Design Services
Foundation Design – Strip Pads, Piles & Ground Beams etc., Domestic & Commercial Premises Conversions, Steel Frame, Beam, Columns & Connection, Fabrication & Detailing, Timber Frame Design, Retaining Wall, Concrete Elements Design, Concrete Reinforcement Detailing etc.
The candidate must hold a valid Full U.K Driving License. Expenses paid monthly.