IT Senior Systems Engineer
Are you an experienced IT Systems Engineer looking for a new exciting opportunity in a forward thinking organization?
We are looking for additional Senior Systems Engineer to join our small, friendly and busy team that provides IT services to a global business.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a technical support specialist who delivers technology changes across the business. They provide an escalation path for Service Desk support activity, administer the IT infrastructure and act as Technology Leaders for the Group.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for investigating new technologies and providing suggestions to Head Of Business Technology Support. The Senior System Engineer also acts as deputy for the Business Technology Support Manager
- Responsible for the support and issue resolution of AWS and Azure infrastructure
- Be responsible for organising timely and efficient completion of project work
- Liaise with third party suppliers for the costing of project delivery and departmental purchases
- Act as an escalation path for Service Desk and System Engineers in the resolution of incidents, problems and service requests.
- Administer and support server and desktop operating systems.
- Install and support application software.
- Manage and support backup systems, DR infrastructure and internal LAN infrastructure.
- Provide first and second line support for technical issues.
- Perform regular IT disaster recovery tests.
- Update IT system documentation regarding the IT infrastructure and platforms in line with project transition to BAU.
- Ensure that software license controls are followed to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
- Ensure that appropriate departmental systems, processes and methodologies are followed and that systems security controls are followed to safeguard the company's network, infrastructure and data assets.
- Build effective relationships with clients within the company and external service providers.
- Provide advice and guidance to other team members on technical issues.
IT Senior Systems Engineer | Systems Engineer | IT | Engineer | IT Systems Engineer | Technology Support | IT Infrastructure | Service Desk
- Microsoft technical support
- Personal time management and organisation skills
- AWS / Azure systems operations / architecture
- Linux operating systems
- Office 365 suite of applications
- IT systems functionality and capabilities
- BC/DR requirements and capabilities
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Driven and self-motivated
- Ability to influence people
- Service oriented attitude
- Team worker
- Problem solver
- Technology leader
About Our Company:
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.
Apply for IT Senior Systems Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly