Deputy Service Manager - Torquay
Deputy Service Manager
Precious Homes are an established, innovative and expanding social care provider. We offer registered care and supported living services to adults with autism & learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers, we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support. Having earned a strong reputation among local authorities for successfully supporting some of the most complex needs within the social care environment, we have almost doubled in size over the last three years and now offer 33 services across the UK and growing.
This means we are committed to best practice in people and business management.
As part of our expansion plans we are looking to recruit an energetic deputy manager who loves to work with people and make a difference in people’s lives in the Torquay area.
What the Job entails:
No two days are ever the same at Precious Homes but every day is rewarding and fun for our support workers. You will be working in a fantastic environment with the best facilities and as part of a highly skilled fun team delivering high quality person centred care. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
To support the Registered Manager with the effective operation of a residential home for people with a learning disability and autism, in accordance with the associated regulations and the policy and procedures relating to the project.
- To support the Registered Manager in keeping with the ethos of Precious Homes from beginning to end including completing person centred assessments and support plans, recruitment and development of team, marketing, stakeholder engagement and implementing efficient and effective systems and processes that provide the foundations towards an Outstanding service for our service users.
- Projecting the culture and values expected from Precious Homes to all stakeholders.
- To support the Registered Manager with setting objectives for the performance of the service; to monitor, maintain and improve service delivery
- To ensure that the delivery of service to service users and their care authorities, and the selection, supervision and management of staff, is underpinned by a commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equality of opportunity
- To continuously monitor the operations of the service, evaluate them and where improvements can be made take the necessary action to implement change through negotiation and agreement.
- To ensure that potential or actual breaches of legal, regulatory, and organisational health and safety requirements are investigated, corrected and/or reported to the appropriate authority promptly.
- To ensure that all necessary records are complete, accurate and legible, and available to authorised persons when required.
- To provide regular, formal supervision and appraisals to the staff.
- To evaluate the team’s overall development needs (including the manager’s own needs), encourage all personnel to assist in this evaluation, discuss and plan for how identified needs are met.
- To be a positive role model to ensure we have highly motivated staff teams
- Top act up in the absence of the Registered Manager.
What we need from you:
It’s essential that you will have experience working or living with people with autism & learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex needs.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with people with learning difficulties (2 years in supervisory)
- Experience of supervising staff, and undertaking supervisions and appraisals
- NVQ 3 or equivalent
- Experience of Person Centred Planning, Supported Living, “Valuing People” and challenging behaviour
- Experience of management training
- Understanding of registration requirements
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act
- Understanding of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Knowledge of NVQ/LDAF
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check