We are looking to recruit for a sous chef to join the small team in a fantastic beach venue located at South Milton beach.
To be successful in your application you will need to be able to work well under pressure and keep a composed attitude in a busy environment, also having had previous experience as a sous chef working well in small teams and fast paced kitchens.
You will also have a driver’s licence due to the location of the restaurant.
As Sous Chef you will support the Head chef throughout the day, organising the kitchen, delegating jobs and supervising staff, whilst having creative input with writing menus, specials and keeping the kitchen prepped and organised whilst the Head chef is off.
As this is a very seasonal establishment you will only work straight shifts in the summer and have more time off in the winter season.
The right candidate must
- Have good time management.
- Be a hard-working team player.
- Have a driver’s licence.
- Previous experience as a sous chef.
Your role as Sous chef
- Organising the kitchen efficiently.
- Working closely with Head chef.
- Ordering stock.
- Delegation of tasks.
- Managing the kitchen whilst Head chef is away.
- Salary: £22,000 plus £4,000 Tips p.a.
- Straight shifts.
- 40+ hours per week.
- 28 days holiday p.a.
- 2 Years’ experience required.
- Working 5 days out of 7.
- Staff meals provided
Are you interested in this role? Apply now using your CV.