Home carer required for young Saltford woman with spinal injury £9.33-£14/hr
I am a young lady who suffered a spinal cord injury in a sports accident, which resulted in tetraplegia. I am looking for someone to join my small team of personal assistants (PAs) who together will provide me with all aspects of the support I require to maintain an independent and fulfilling life in my own home.
I use funding from Bath & NE Somerset Council to fund my care arrangements, and I am assisted by Phoenix SW to manage them.
A bit about me: As a passionate Christian I am involved in church life in various ways. I enjoy doing practical things, country living and the outdoors. It is important for me to spend time in the garden as it's relaxing and brings me out of the house, so asking PAs to help with gardening enables me to be part of this. I believe it's important to look after our bodies, so look to live and eat healthily.
I like to be active where I can, and am interested in sports and will shortly be going on my first skiing holiday since my accident which is very exciting!
What I am looking for in a PA is someone who is:
• trustworthy and reliable and who will a thorough job
• practical and motivated and able to get on with each day and is a 'doer'
• has excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to listen and follow direction
• able to work on their own initiative, particularly helpful with managing household jobs
• a car driver (I have my own car) with a clean driving license and non smoker (essential)
• able to adapt to different working environments as I get out and about a lot
• able to get on with routines efficiently as I fatigue more when things need to explained repeatedly
• able to help me with my exercises and ideally experienced in areas such as massage or strength and conditioning
• able to provide me with personal care
If you are someone with a polite and caring outlook on life who is willing to invest energy in helping me live a meaningful life then please do get in touch.
The position is permanent and full time, and you will join the team and pick up 30-40hrs of shifts.
The shift pattern that I use is 8am to 1.30pm, 1.30pm to 8pm and 8pm to 11am. Afternoon shifts can be joined together if longer shifts are preferred. There will be sleeping nights and the some weekends required
Interview dates 15th & 16th February 2018 with a view to commencing at the start of March. Trial and training shifts will occur after 26th February.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you!