Employment Opportunities at Amsterdam Airport! CARGO HANDLERS
As a cargo handler you will be working at Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam – The Netherlands). You will get a basic training so you will be able to work at all clients of Flexcargo Services. . You are working in shifts (24-7) and make approximately 30 hours a week, which depends on the clients demand at any given time. It can be less, it can be more in a given week. The job contains a variety of work, you will be working in a team at a big warehouse, where the airplanes are loaded and unloaded. The cargo will be prepared for transportation by you and your team. It’s important that you know when to step up and when to step back. You will be guided and trained on the job, by our client and your colleagues.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
We are looking for people who like hard working. Persons who likes to work in a team and who is in possession of humor, endurance and loyalty towards our company.
• You must be 21 or older;
• You have a clean criminal record, which will always be subject to verification by public authority;
• You will respect the company-rules and the rules of our clients;
• A flexible approach to working hours and be able to work a shift pattern that includes days, evenings, nights and weekends. You are willing and physically able to dedicate yourself to 30 workable hours per week, sometimes, as the circumstances may require, to be increased with reasonable overtime, always however within the limits of compulsory restrictions as imposed by Dutch labor law;
• You understand that the shifts are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and that this ask a flexible approach towards your working pattern. E.g. at sometimes it’s possible to get a confirmation of a shift within two hours before transport;
• You pay a reasonable refundable deposit for proper use of our accommodation, your house-key and clothing;
• You are direct available and able to come to the Netherlands;
• A valid FLT (Fork Lift Truck) license would be good but is not essential;
• Must have a full EU Passport
• You must be in possession of a recent “Police certificate UK” . You will be asked to send this by mail together with your CV, after your application is selected.
What do we offer?
• You make approximately 30 hours a week or more, depending on the demand of the client(s); You understand that the workable hours varies from week to week;
• Your employment will be for an indefinite period of time, subject to termination after the legal minimum notice period as applicable under Dutch law;
• We provide accommodation for you: totally free of charge. We pay your rent and housing cost directly to the facility owners. You only pay a small contribution for energy costs (80 euro per week)
• We provide transport for you:.
• Good pay, which is pay in stable € currency. Your hourly pay will be minimum € 9,10 (before tax and excluding surcharges!);
• You receive surcharges for holiday(s) and other components;
• You will be paid on a weekly base. This will be done by (a Dutch) bank: we can help you to open a bank account in the Netherlands that’s no problem;
• All of the above to be defined in a mutual agreeable employment contract (in writing).
1. Clothing cost: to be paid by the employee at a cost of € 150 on arrival and of which € 75 is a refundable deposit);
2. We ask you for a refundable deposit for the offered facility and inventory, house-key and the pass which is necessary by a couple of our c
lients (to be deducted from salary in time). All will be paid back when Flexcargo Services facility/ company rules are not broken, otherwise our cost will be deducted from your deposit or salary;
• Must be able to relocate to the Netherlands