We have an opportunity for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join the team based in Skelmersdale on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus great benefits.
We are a well-established company in the UK & European Transport & Warehousing business, who have over 140,000 sq. foot of modern warehousing and offices strategically located on the M6 Corridor, Lancashire.
As our Logistics Coordinator you will have the ability to take control of your own destiny, by empowering yourself and other people to achieve a career in logistics were you can earn substantially more and become the next generation of the business.
In return as our Logistics Coordinator you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme - Helping you plan for later in life
- Training & Long Term Career opportunities
The Logistics Coordinator duties and key responsibilities:
- Manage your own fleet of vehicles and drivers throughout the UK or Europe “dependant on your own abilities and interest”
- Manage the recruitment of your own team, drivers, owner drivers and subcontractors
- Manage the daily planning for all core fleet loads and back loads which will be required to ensure the profitability of your own fleet
- Manage communication to clients, drivers and subcontractors
- Manage in-house systems at your disposal – In order to accurately reflect your fleet’s performance in order for you to receive the recognition you deserve
Our ideal Logistics Coordinator will have the below skills and experience:
- Have experience in a transport / logistics role with responsibility for haulier co-ordination
- Have the operational abilities in line with Health and Safety and KPI reporting
- Have the focus of a self-motivated, energetic, hands-on individual with the operational focus in order to deliver and exceed expectations
- Have the ability to work under pressure in order to identify and report on issues that may occur
If you wish to work within in a team-orientated and co-operative environment as our Logistics Coordinator then please click ‘Apply’ today!