IT Service Desk Manager
IT Service Desk Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our IT Service Desk Manager will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
The VitalityAssist Service Desk Manager is responsible for the daily management and improvement of a customer-focused IT Service Desk function for Vitality IT users across multiple locations. This includes ensuring that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and work with the continuous service improvement team to identify gaps, map and improve processes, adhering to IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Service Desk Institute (SDI) best practices where appropriate.
The role will also include leading the Service Desk Analysts through change, driving initiatives and improvements whilst influencing the future direction of the desk.
Responsibilities as our IT Service Desk Manager include:
- Overall responsibility for incident management and request fulfilment for VitalityAssist (Service Desk) including handling escalations from the business
- Managing and co-ordinating the day-to-day activities of VitalityAssist and prioritise team work load dependent on volumes and resource
- Produce reports, dashboards and management information relating to performance of the Service Desk and related services/processes and identifying themes and trends
- Manage, recruit, lead, motivate and develop staff in accordance with Vitality policies and procedures
- Building the VitalityAssist brand through forums, interactions with key stakeholders and senior management as well as regular interactions with the wider business teams
- Understand the wider change environment and strategy and relay this to VitalityAssist demonstrating the impacts
- Building and strengthening an effective relationship between resolver groups to drive service improvements and effective resolution to queries
- Drive best practice in line with ITIL processes and ensure that VitalityAssist deliver world class service
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the business ensuring that their needs and expectations are understood and managed
To become our IT Service Desk Manager, you will have the below skills and experience:
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Experience within a Service Desk Management role
- Confidence to deal with senior managers across the business
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Experience supporting Windows 7 & 10
- Experience using Service Desk tools inc remote access tools, Active Directory & ticket management software
- Experience support Apple mobile devices - iPhones & iPads
- Experience of identifying and introducing improvements to a team and leading through change
- Flexible, diplomatic & a great communicator across all levels DocuSign Envelope ID: ABECBC67-A5E6-49D5-B210-6FBB1E40F574
- Service Desk and Incident Manager (Specialist Certification)
- ITIL Intermediate (OSA Module
Working for Vitality as a IT Service Desk Manager, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Monday 19 February 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our IT Service Desk Manager please click ‘apply’ today.