We are an independent, dynamic, arts-orientated company focusing on musical performance and development. We take on unique spaces and transform them into innovative, community-led locations that appeal to creative influencers and beyond, including large-scale music venues, intimate audio bars, production studios and creative workspace hubs.
The organisation is about to undergo rapid expansion over the coming months with a range of exciting new sites about to launch across East London.
We are seeking meticulous, highly driven and competent Project Leaders to join our senior ranks to drive and head up the delivery of your designated project and expand the business, ensuring brand-led implementation of music venues, music bar/eateries, and creative mixed-use work/event spaces.
You will be reporting to the company directors, coordinating with our Head Programmer and collaborating with other project leaders.
What we’re looking for / Your experience
- A highly experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of delivering (multiple) projects at any one time to a high standard.
- A portfolio that reflects exceptional personal creative skills across multiple channels and media and a complete comfort directing and managing execution across multiple content types.
- Knowledge of the creative industry is essential. You’ll take on tasks with a passion for breaking boundaries - undertaking projects with an ‘out of the box’ approach to promote the organisations imaginative foundation.
- A master of time management – designing, monitoring and maintaining schedules ensuring all parties remain on point
- You’ll demonstrate a strong capability to deliver fresh and innovative ideas.
- You will be experienced in overseeing and executing site launches as a head of operations.
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills as a team player.
- Experience of organising / running events would be a bonus.
Role & Responsibilities
- Overseeing and delivering new sites from plan to launch to operations for your designated site. Managing multiple campaigns with multiple deadlines, ensuring all projects are completed according to time and budget schedules
- Liaising between the creative team and internal and external partners, (architects, contractors, suppliers) working to complete creative projects from brief through concept to delivery while ensuring new project sites are delivered on time, on budget and on specification.
- Identifies, communicates and manages project dependencies and risks
- Maintains effective communication, keeping the project team up-to-date with status reports
- A self starter, with the ability to drive the project
- Financial ownership - overseeing all aspects of the project, from initial contract sign-off to invoicing and paying freelancers / third parties. Ensuring client teams both have the necessary data to bill projects and action this on time and correctly.
Each site project includes: all end-to-end processes such as recruitment, training
Working alongside your colleagues to ensure that all components for the successful opening of a new site are in place: HR, Marketing, IT, Accounts, Design etc.
Using suitable technology systems to keep track of people and progress (Asana etc).
Using your professional network to bring on board a diverse range of 3rd party creatives (artists, musicians, developers, etc) to assist in the implementation of the vision for your designated site.
What we offer
An opportunity to join an exciting growing business influencing its growth from an early stage in a small business with very big ambitions.
Location: London (predominantly east)
- Recruiting and managing staff, including leading meetings to update and motivate; firing where needed and recruiting new staff to suit the project.
- Monitoring profitability and performance to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded
- Maintaining relations with members of the local community, the police and alcohol licensing authorities.
- Your sites health and safety and ensuring safety and legal compliance
- Daily operations
- Developing key performance goals and reporting back to MD.
- Ensuring high standards and quality control
- Fire safety
- Financial management inc. making records, collecting change, paying staff, banking cash
- Proven successful project management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate decision making
- Problem solving and highly driven attitude;
- Negotiation skills
- Risk mitigation and crisis management
- Budget management
- Ability to work flexible hours and be a self-starter
- Experience in alcohol licensing rules and regulations (bonus)
- Experience in operation of bars
To apply please forward CVs with a cover letter (optional)