Retail Volunteer - Welwyn Garden City
The Children's Society shop in Welwyn Garden City is looking for new volunteers to join the friendly team of shop volunteers. Whether you want to gain new skills to boost your CV, or just meet new people and have fun, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please pop into the shop at 29 Colegreen Lane, Woodhall Parade, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 3PP and ask to speak to the manager, who will also be happy to answer any questions you might have about the role. Alternatively, please apply on Gumtree by filling in the application form.
Here are some of the things you might be doing as a volunteer in the shop:
- Serving customers in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Using the till, which will include taking credit and debit card payments.
- Sorting through and preparing donated stock, including steaming, tagging and pricing.
- Creating window displays
- Restocking the shop floor
- Helping to maintain the stock room
- Doing necessary training to help you to be effective in your role
- Making sure that Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times
Training will be provided and you can discuss with the shop manager which activities you’re happy to be involved with.
Most shops will work on a rota basis and the days and hours are flexible. You can agree with the shop manager which days and hours you can volunteer.
What we can offer you
- Support and supervision from the shop manager
- Access to a range of training opportunities
- Potential NVQ and BTEC qualifications, depending on eligibility criteria (speak to the shop manager to find out more)
- Reimbursement of reasonable expenses
- A full induction to the organisation, including the chance to get involved in other opportunities
- The chance to meet new people and gain new skills
- A reference once you’ve been with us for a period of time