HGV Fitter / Engineer / Technician
Baumot UK is based in Silverstone, working with service partners UK-wide. We are part of the German Baumot Group, who is one of the world wide leading suppliers of exhaust aftertreatment products and engine enhancement. The Baumot Group provides its customers with an extensive range of exhaust after-treatment systems, at OEM quality standards, for retrofitting into buses, coaches, commercial vehicles, taxis, off-road vehicles as well as miscellaneous applications such as marine.
Baumot has immediate start dates for candidates able to work full-time in the Northampton area.
Position: Full Time, Permanent Location: Northampton
Working Hours: 40 hrs
Task Area i.a.:
- Testing, adjustment, assembly and repair work on the Bus
- Locate the cause of the fault and repair it by renewing, repairing, adjusting or replacing the faulty electrical parts
Need to have Hard Skills and Experience:
- Fundamental engineering skills i.e. metal work, drilling, cutting.
- Good understanding of vehicle electronics / electrics
- Basic knowledge of diesel engines
- Some background knowledge of exhaust after treatment.
Nice to have:
- Possibly back ground in Commercial vehicles or bus and coach
- Welding skills both MIG and TIG
- Understanding of vehicle CAN Bus networks
- Experience in installing retro-fit kits
- Good understanding of electrical diagnostics
- Fabrication skills sheet metal and pipe.
- NVQ’s, City & Guilds or Higher in Automotive Mechanic
- Clean licence, HGV Class II or PSV advantage, but not essential
You must be a team player, self-reliant and responsible, with a ‘can-do’ approach to getting the job done on time and right first time.
Interested? Please send your cv, with covering letter online by pressing "Apply now"
For more information also visit our website: http://baumot.co.uk/
Apply for HGV Fitter / Engineer / Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly