Sales and Marketing Manager
Sales & Marketing Manager
Seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Sales & Marketing Manager for a new position at William Whiteley & Sons
Whiteley's is one of the oldest manufacturing companies in the world, and is always growing and evolving. They are looking for a talented, up-and-coming individual to grow with the company as a Sales & Marketing Manager.
The Sales & Marketing Manager role will combine day-to-day operational tasks with a real opportunity to drive sales and marketing activity. You will be the first point of call for existing customers, and drive business development through maintaining good relationships with current accounts and managing their orders. As Sales & Marketing Manager you will also be responsible for researching and targeting new markets through digital marketing and social media, developing outreach strategies and liaising with our head of marketing to produce ongoing content and initiatives.
As the Sales & Marketing Manager role is a mix of strategic and operational activities, you will be a great communicator, fast on your feet, and an excellent team player. You have good time management skills and are capable of being self-motivated, and you're keen to learn about all aspects of running a business, with a genuine interest in the manufacturing process and how to communicate it to the wider world. Whiteley's are looking for a positive and dynamic personality, who is willing to take the initiative to drive the role and actively commit to developing their skills within the company.
In return, there is real scope to take ownership of the role, grow within a supportive environment, and take advantage of a unique opportunity to learn from a strong family company.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Customer service experience, with a genuine desire to build relationships and give customers a positive experience
- Strong IT skills, ideally with experience of Sage accounts and contact management software
- Good working knowledge across social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Wordpress. Ideally familiar with paid promotions and advertising using targeted demographics
- Extremely good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Order processing, liaising with management and warehouse team to complete daily operational tasks
- Customer account management and support; the main contact person for the office, and the public ‘face’ of the company
- Work closely with the management team to develop brand presence online and design and develop new sales and marketing campaigns; oversee daily activity and advertising campaigns on social media, research new target markets for sales and marketing strategies
- Manage and maintain company website, e-commerce activity, and customer databases; develop new databases for online communications and newsletters
- Other duties as required
Whiteley’s is a unique heritage brand - the western world’s oldest manufacturers of scissors and shears, and a family company for over 11 generations. With a team of skilled craftsmen, our scissors are hand-made here at our factory in Sheffield. Producing over 250 different types of scissors, Whiteley’s provides cutting solutions for diverse industries – from bullet proof vests to bespoke tailors on Savile Row!
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply here and our client will be in direct contact.
Skills or keywords: Sales, marketing, social media, branding, customer management