Weekend Bar Supervisor required at the George, Soho (Saturdays & Sundays)
The George in Soho, London, is looking for an experienced outgoing ‘Weekend Bar Supervisor’ to join our busy team immediately.
This role will see you working every weekend, 14.00-01.00 on Saturdays and 11.00-22.30 on Sundays, supporting the team and undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
We provide our Bar and Front of House Supervisors with superb ongoing support and training and longer term the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we can get you there.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overseeing a small team of bar staff, delegating duties as required.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Liaising with customers and being visible out on the front line.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Supporting with the compilation of staff rotas.
- Staff management and training.
- Stock control and rotation.
- Dealing with any cellar management issues.
- Cashing up and daily banking procedures.
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Experience working behind the bar.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become an assistant or deputy manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Negotiable pay rate salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.