Sous Chef dor Gastropub in SW1. Great package £28k +benefits!
Thriving independent pub in Central London (Victoria) urgently requires a Sous Chef with extensive experience to help us manage the serious growth we are experiencing.
Our busy pub and dining room in central London are serving a lovely mix of locals, tourist, and businesses. With a ground floor bar, a first-floor dining room and an exciting events space, we are offering you the opportunity to work with a young, fresh, dynamic team in a recently refurbished kitchen.
We are a fast paced company, a company that continues to grow year-on-year. The right candidate first and foremost must be an inspirational leader and have extensive experience in extremely fast-paced kitchens: an ability to keep a brigade calm and poised is the most important attribute needed.
So, if you like what you hear, are up for the challenge and want to be part of the journey then let’s hear from you!
As a Sous Chef in our team you will need to:
• Have passion and knowledge about food and the ability to pass this on to your team members
• Have your own thoughts, ideas and suggestions for making us even better
•Ability take full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the kitchen
• The skills to be a good man-manager and can motivate your team and lead by example
• Have a good working knowledge of all necessary due diligence and must be able to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen (HACCAP, EHO etc.)
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude
• Ability to check on standards and deal with non-performance
• Communicate via team meetings, one to one meetings, training sessions, notice boards and written.
• Aid the head chef and business to meets (and exceed) company Food GP budget.
• Stock rotation is followed and all store rooms/ fridges and freezers are in order
• Monitors & controls stock levels – daily, weekly and monthly ensuring there are no shortfalls
• Work with GM, owner and Head Chef to drive profitability and reduce staffing cost base
• Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and incorrect
• Ensure that the storage of food meets company and statutory health and safety
Do you have the ability and will to:
• Thrive in a fast-paced and challenging working environment?
• Set and maintain high standards and have an impeccable eye for detail?
• Be creative and innovative?
• Show drive, ambition, and self-motivation?
• Consistently show a great work ethic?
• Be a rising star in a company that rewards hard work and loyalty and one that will help you realize your ultimate goals and ambition?
Opening hours for the Kitchen:
Mon - Thur: 11am - 10.30pm
Fri: 11am - 10.30pm
Sat: 11am - 10.30pm
Sun: 11am - 10.30pm
Full-time position (8 shifts a week) available with an immediate start date.
Salary package up t0 £28k + Benefits!
We offer a fun place to work, great colleagues and development opportunities for the right person.
Please send your CV - we are looking forward to hearing from you!