Full time experienced chef/kitchen manager needed at Clapton gastropub / great pay and benefits
The Mermaid is a locals-favourite in Clapton, East London. Our focus is serving high quality, fresh pub food supported by a brilliant selection of craft beers, wines and spirits.
The pub is part of the Grace Land group. We are fast growing, having opened two new sites in the last 12 months, with at least another set to open this year. We are always on the lookout for candidates who would like to grow and develop within our group.
Benefits include a 25% discount at our five London bars and pubs. An additional discount across 12 bars and pubs and 10 restaurants in an affiliated group. You will get 28 days holiday per year. We can provide training and certificates for Food Hygiene, Food Allergies, Health & Safety, Fire Awareness etc
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced chef to manage the kitchen and staff, to work with us to develop the menu, and to ensure compliance of all relevant food hygiene and health & safety legislation and guidelines.
Desirable qualities include:
- Experience managing a kitchen and staff
- Experience composing rotas and meeting staff cost budgets
- Experience maintaining a high standard of food whilst controlling waste to meet GP targets
- Both good team player and leader
- Commitment to ongoing training and coaching of the kitchen team.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 or above
- Computer literate
- Organised and able to deal with paperwork and ensure compliance in relevant legislation & law
If you would like to join our committed and hard working team please send a CV and a short covering letter telling us a little about yourself and why you think this position is for you.