Supervisor needed to join the team at The Merchant, Battersea
We like to have fun, work hard, give great service and work together as a team- and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
We are looking for an experienced supervisor to join the team here at The Merchant with the aim of becoming assistant manager within 6 months. Prior experience in a similar role is a must as you will need to hit the ground running! We are a busy pub with lots of events going on so it is important that you can work well under pressure and enjoy the busy atmosphere we have particularly during the sporting year!
As a part of the management team here you will be taking on the responsibility of running shifts within the business, cashing up & playing a key role in driving the local image and motivating the team to deliver great service.
A high level of spoken and written English is needed for this job as communication is the key to success in a team.
As a member & leader of the team you will be expected to:
- Serve and engage with customers to make them feel welcome and satisfied with their experience
- Work quickly and efficiently in a busy environment while motivating others.
- Be positive, friendly, helpful and professional even when working under pressure
- Be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Take pride in the pub and its reputation and strive to maintain our high standards
- All applicants must be fluent in English, have a National Insurance Number, a valid UK/EEA passport or full working visa and bank account.
Starting rate is £8.50 – 9.50 per hour plus tips & service charge reviewed after 3 months.
The right candidate will enjoy all the benefits that come from working with a company that really does want its staff to succeed in the business. Here at Metropolitan Pubs we pride ourselves on developing our team to their full potential and with over 70 pubs located across London we have the ability to over a business to suit the style of cooking you want to do.
On top of this great opportunity to work at one of Metro’s top sites, You also get 20% off all food and drink at pubs in the group, 28 days holiday and the sense of achievement from working in a very successful business while pushing to develop your career further with a company who want you to succeed.