Support Worker (Nights)
Night-Time Support Worker - Learning Disability, Autism, Behaviours of Concern and Mental Health
Aspire in the community provides care and support for people who have a learning disability or mental health needs, in their own home, in our residential services and in our respite services.
We specialise in supporting people on the Autistic spectrum and people who have exhibit behaviours that challenge. We are passionate about providing person centred care to each and every person who uses our services, and to enable people to live as independently as possible. Due to the expansion of our services ae are now recruiting for people to join our Organisation and become part of our team, delivering outstanding care. You don't need to have any experience or qualifications, we have a full induction programme and an unrivalled commitment to training and development, but you do need to have a real interest in people, a willingness to learn, and empathy for others. We have several vacancies, with contracts available for anything from 15 to 37.5 hours weekly.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of service users during night-time hours and attend to their individual needs as required.
- Duties are varied and personalised according to the individual needs of each service user, such as:
- Providing support with personal care, including support where necessary with continence needs.
- To support individuals into bed, getting up in the morning, showering or bathing, dressing and dental hygiene if required and agreed as part of an individual’s support needs.
- To ensure that the premises are secured following the departure of day staff
- To carry out all required safety precautions including fire safety and food safety.
- To carry out some light domestic duties to ensure the premises are tidy, clean and hygienic
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection legislation
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written skills
- An ability to work with other people
- An ability to empathise with people in need of support services
Aspire in the community is an Equal Opportunities employer and we value diversity within our organisation. As such we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, ages, nationalities and ethnic groups as well as from people who have a disability.