- Assist the Spa Director to lead & motivate the Spa team to provide consistently outstanding service to our guests.
- Manage and monitor Spa operations to optimise business potential.
- Take responsibility for training, motivation and nurturing of the team.
- Be hands on assisting the team as required.
- Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met at all times
- Obtain guest feedback and monitor 'Medallia' feedback and respond as required
- Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and an ability to handle difficult situations
- Demonstrate and encourage gracious reception procedures in the booking and handling of guests.
- Constantly be available throughout the Spa to the team and guests
- Actively identify engineering or housekeeping needs and liaise with the relevant people for quick resolution.
- Develop positive relationships with Spa members
- Assist with recruitment of Spa Therapists, Spa Reception and Spa Attendants.
- Lead the team in their daily tasks and working closely with a pool of Freelance Therapists to support the business as required.
- Implement ongoing skills training to ensure service standards are upheld.
- Perform PDP's and follow through action plan with the team.
- Assist with employee relations
- Delegate tasks as relevant whilst overseeing and monitoring of progress and results.
- Attend daily briefings to provide details on VIP's and spa bookings
- Attend Leadership meetings and participate in projects as required
- Maintain a professional relationship with suppliers and providers
- Ensure all procedures such as opening and closing are efficient, effective and that the team are complying with them.
- Maintain acceptable payroll commitments
- Implement opportunities for managing operational costs and boosting the bottom line.
- Develop procedures for accurate inventory control and monitoring.
- Administer staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Continuously review the market and the products used.
- Assist the Spa Director with the administration and financial control of the Spa membership.
- Support the Spa Director by staying on top of the Spa industry trends.
- Consistently develop and grow retail sales through training, tools and monitoring.
- Qualification in Spa Management would be ideal
- Previous experience at a Senior level within a Spa environment
- Ideally experience within a five star environment
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Qualified at a Therapist level and willing to take on Therapist responsibilities on an adhoc basis if required.
- A good knowledge and passion for treatments, therapeutic and beauty products.
- Financial, accounting, budgeting, payroll and expenses control experience
- Previous experience of treatment appointment software and Labour management
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
- 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants at The Dorchester and Coworth Park
- Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
- Team members' awards and incentives schemes
- Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
- Life assurance cover for all team members
- Uniform laundered complimentarily
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members' restaurants
- Complimentary Internet at allocated computers in team areas
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health, including subsidised massage treatments and health clinics
- Complimentary Eye Test for VDU users