Assistant Events Sales Manager
- To provide a five star service to our guests for all events and groups business, building an ongoing relationship with them.
- Building and maintaining internal relationships with all departments across the hotel to meet the needs and expectations of our guests.
- Co-ordinate the communication of upcoming Events & Groups and be responsible for the communication of all Event and Group activity to the front line team.
- Ensure that the details of all Events and Group reservations are accurate
- Implement and manage Events and Groups correspondence both hard copy and electronic and ensure filing of records is accurate
- Answering all enquiries via email, phone and direct correspondence.
- To meet prospective clients and conduct show-rounds.
- To actively promote and up-sell the services and facilities available to guests within the hotel.
- Obtain detailed information such as special requirements, menu, AV requirements, set up of function rooms, VIP information, bedroom requirements and billing instructions.
- Distribution of timely and detailed Banqueting Event Orders and summaries.
- Attend to any guest problems brought to your attention.
- In the absence of the Event Manager, to assume overall responsibility for the Events Department
- Assist Events Manager in weekly revenue forecast and the preparation of the annual budget & sales & marketing plan.
- Monitor share of events and strategize workload for each department member.
- Attend weekly Revenue Meetings as required.
- Monitor the billing process & package allowances in Opera.
- Ideally to have previous experience within a five star hotel
- Experience on hotel computer systems – Opera, Delphi, Loghos, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with groups and weddings
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and numeric skills
- Well organised and priority focused
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressurised environment
- Ability to lead a team
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as required
- Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
- 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants at The Dorchester and Coworth Park
- Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
- Team members' awards and incentives schemes
- Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
- Life assurance cover for all team members
- Uniform laundered complimentarily
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members' restaurants
- Complimentary Internet at allocated computers in team areas
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health, including subsidised massage treatments and health clinics
- Complimentary Eye Test for VDU users