Concierge / Porter - Part time
Concierge/Porter – part time, 24 hours per week
We are seeking a personable, committed and enthusiastic applicant to join our team in the role of concierge/porter in a 5-star hotel in Edinburgh’s City Centre.
Do you have a desire to exceed our guest expectations? To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional? Are you knowledgeable about the surrounding area to enhance guest experience?
This vacancy is perfect for an applicant who wishes to work at the highest level of service standards, and who is passionate about delivering consistently excellent guest service with attention to detail
Day to day concierge/porter tasks include:
- assisting all guests with luggage on arrival and departure. Please note there are no elevators at the hotel, all luggage must be carried up several flights of stairs
- assisting with preparing and delivering room service breakfast
- preparing rooms for arrival with packages and other guest requests
- ensuring the upkeep of the building is maintained
- offering tourist information and recommending restaurant to maximizing guest experience whilst in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas
- providing bar drinks service
- assist with reception duties where required
- Working 24 hours per week, including weekends
- Our concierge uniform is a kilt which must be worn always
- Night shift cover required cover during holidays and periods of absence
- You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude with an eye for detail
- Have previous experience within a four and/or five-star property is essential
- Be computer literate and preferably with experience with Opera PMS
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English, combined with excellent communication skills
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter.