Housing & Support Worker
- To provide housing management related support to individuals with mental health problems, ensuring that their needs are met. Working towards the social inclusion of clients with challenging and chaotic life styles. You are expected to provide support to vulnerable individuals to help them achieve their life aspirations and goals. You will work with clients on a one-to-one and group work basis to help them with a range of tasks such as managing their money, maximising their benefits, promoting independent living skills and dealing with everyday challenges. You are expected to adhere to Safeguarding, Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times and comply with legislation and statutory duties and data controls protocols. Maintain confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the agreed policy and ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practice, engaging with training and acquiring / maintaining any individual qualifications required for the role
Responsibilities and Duties
- Setting rents, administering their collection and minimize arrears
- Collecting and administering house keeping finances and ensuring these are always kept up to date
- To be available to take on call responsibility
- Inspecting properties, rooms and all communal areas
- To promote independence and wellbeing through enabling and supporting clients to budget in order to manage their personal finances as independently as possible, access and claim their full benefit entitlement, sign up to appropriate courses, voluntary work, prompt to keep G.P and outpatient appointments.
- Processing applications for housing improvements and repairs and communicating outcomes to tenants;
- Dealing with breaches of tenancy and leasehold agreements which could culminate in carrying out evictions;
- Dealing with abandoned tenancies, squatters and unauthorized occupiers
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user, including any risks, or his / her needs and requirements in respect of the service on offer.
- Liaising with tenant groups and other support and welfare organizations including social workers and estate agents
- To maintain relationships with the clients, their families, friends and advocates.
- To have sound knowledge of health & safety at work and awareness of in house policies and procedures.
- Encouraging and supporting tenants' and residents' groups and attending meetings as required
- Maintain up to date records and produce relevant reports as required. This includes inputting information onto appropriate systems as per contractual and Pegasus Community Housing Trust’s requirements, and producing required evidence and reports in a timely manner Interpreting and implementing housing legislation
- Investigating and responding to client complaints
- This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the post holder