Community Care Assistant (STHSS)
We are looking for people in the Coventry City area to join our Short Term Home Support Service. (Reablement)
This service provides enablement support and reablement to people who are returning home following hospitalisation, respite or illness.
The role of the support worker is outcome focussed, and with a strong ethos “to do with the customer not to do for” and encourage the customer to achieve the independence, confidence and skills that sometimes can erode during periods of hospitalisation or illness
Support can include:
Preparing meals, assisting with medication and personal care to companionship, development of support plans, and initial contact with customers to asses’ needs, encouragement to develop confidence, to undertake all aspects of day to day living on return home.
Customers typically move through this service within 6 weeks, having received the support to enable them to continue to live independently in their own home without further support.
Just some of the benefits of joining us:-
- Flexible shift patterns
- Shift Paid 7.90 per hour ( increment for weekends and PH ) FT equivalent Salary of £ 15,700 based on a 37.5 hour week @ a blended NVQ rate of 8.10 per hour
- Guaranteed hours
- Full and part time opportunities
- Free comprehensive training
- Free uniform
- Paid holidays
- Feeling valued, supported, recognised and rewarded
What we require:-
- Care experience
- NVQ/EDI level 2 or equivalent - we will upskill but this is a contractual need
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Driving licence
- 1 weekend in 4 off (This is negotiable; however we are trying to deploy a more rigid service.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Our typical shifts operate from
- 7.00 – 14.00
- 14.00 - 22.00
*These will be set patterns each week, and workers will be expected to regularly work their patterns, this is not a dom care service and whilst these is flexibility in shift length we are looking for commitment as we will be offering guaranteed hours.*
Radis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.