Engineering Manager - FMCG
Our client is a leader within the food manufacturing sector based in North Wales are now looking to appoint a;
· Responsible for implementing the engineering strategy for the site.
· Managing the PPM system to maintain and improve equipment efficiencies.
· Overseeing all capital projects from concept through to completion.
· Leading a team of 4 engineers and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
· Develop, agree and deliver the agreed annual capital plan to both time and budget
· Ensure early and accurate diagnosis of incidental issues and timely remedial work as required.
· Liaise with all service providers and authorities to ensure smooth supply and appropriate value.
· Responsible for compliance with legislation and customer codes of practice.
· Supervise, monitor and control all contractors on site.
· Devise and implement a preventative maintenance schedule and carry out work accordingly.
· Ensure timely maintenance of plant and machinery, refrigeration systems, factory heating and ventilation systems, water, sanitation, sewage and effluent systems in liaison with subcontractors to minimise factory downtime, prevent temperature variations, minimise cost and maximise energy saving initiatives.
· Working with the Procurement Manager to assist in sourcing new suppliers when required to procure all spares and replacement parts within agreed budget, ensuring appropriate identification and storage until needed.
· Prioritising workload to meet production requirements, ensuring continuity of production at all times ensuring that animal welfare issues are managed effectively.
· Respond to all call-out requests in respect of emergency breakdowns and company emergency plans.
· Ensure that Health & Safety remains a foremost priority for the business, working with the engineering team to ensure all policies, procedures and working practices are adhered to at all times.